Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority
Starting Salary: $45,649 - $62,107
Work Schedule: Will include weekends and holidays.
- 3rd: 11 pm to 7:30 am, Sunday - Thursday
The Plumber is responsible for diagnosing, repairing, installing, and maintaining plumbing, irrigation systems, water and gas piping, fire suppression systems, mechanical systems, wastewater treatment systems, and motorized drive assemblies. Other responsibilities include performing preventative maintenance inspections on mechanical equipment to be in compliance with service, warranty, and maintenance standards and assists contractors in major emergency utility repair and performs other work as directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, coordinates, and installs plumbing and piping projects with little supervision.
- Performs daily repairs of plumbing and piping systems, such as drainage waste and vents, non-potable water systems, and underground utilities.
- Practices safety rules related to plumbing.
- Unclogs and cleans sanitary and storm drains; unclogs and cleans basin traps and water closets.
- Services and repairs circulating pumps and tricherators; sewage and storm water lift stations.
- Adjusts, repairs/replaces flushometer, vacuum breakers, leaking pipes, clean and repair sump pumps.
- Repairs and replaces faucets, valves, check valves, etc.
- Maintains and tests fire protection systems.
- Installs and maintains campus irrigation systems.
- Conducts pool maintenance by cleaning water walls.
- Assists in the cleaning of drain systems and sewer channels.
- Operates sewer vac and jetter.
- Performs soldering, brazing and welding.
- Replaces and repairs paper towel dispensers, toilet paper dispensers, soap dispensing systems, and other hardware associated with stall doors, handles, and latches.
- Assists others with dispatch activities on third shift, including monitoring dispatch phone, signing out keys, and processing forms needed by contractors.
- Establishes working relationships and rapport with customers and team members.
- Maintains regular and on-time attendance.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Supports MNAA's commitment to its culture and values, including Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE).
- Performs other duties as assigned.