- 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Sunday - Thursday
- 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m., Tuesday - Saturday
Starting Salary Range: $45,649 - $62,107
The Building Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing, repairing, installing, and maintaining plumbing, irrigation systems, water and gas piping, fire suppression systems, mechanical systems, wastewater treatment systems, and motorized drive assemblies. Performs maintenance, replacement and new installation of all types of plumbing fixtures, pumps, meters, sewage disposal stations, electric and gas water heaters and other related equipment. Other responsibilities include performing preventative maintenance inspections on mechanical equipment in compliance with service, warranty, and maintenance standards. Assist contractors in major emergency utility repair and performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Performs preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment in compliance with service, warranty, and maintenance standards.
- Inspects new plumbing installations including water systems, hot water heaters, circulating pumps, and electrical heating units.
- Checks, maintains, and test fire protection systems for proper operation.
- Installs and maintains campus irrigation system; installs, maintains, and repairs pneumatic equipment and systems.
- Repairs and replace leaking pipes, toilets, faucets, valves, check valves, liquid soap dispensers, flushometers, vacuum breakers, etc.
- Tests and repairs backflow preventers.
- Unclogs and cleans basin traps, pipe chase closets, sanitary and storm drains.
- Cleans and repairs sump pumps.
- Services and repairs circulating pumps and tritcherators, sewage and storm water lift stations for proper operations.
- Uses building automation systems and command changes.
- Operates sewer jetter and augers.
- Performs soldering, brazing and welding.
- Maintains regular on-time attendance.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Supports MNAA’s commitment to its culture and values, including Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (RISE).
- Performs all other duties as assigned.