Host/Hostess (Full-time and Part-time)
Come and be a part of an exciting family of restaurants focused on high-quality food and true southern hospitality! The Heritage Hospitality Group is home to two onsite restaurants. Southern Oak is an authentic steakhouse where exquisite taste and an elegant atmosphere provides our guests with a treasured experience and lasting impression. Fireside Grille is a contemporary restaurant known for its wood-fired cuisine, the menu at Fireside Grille features an extensive selection of high-quality American classics including steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches, and other comfort dishes. In addition, we offer a full-service bar with signature cocktails and an outstanding wine selection.
The Host/Hostess is responsible for assisting the Dining Room Manager with the overall operation, coordination, appearance and maintenance of the dining area and waitress station and ensuring that courteous and efficient services are delivered.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Responsible for arranging seating accommodations and greeting residents, guests, and staff while maintaining a friendly environment.
2. Advises the Dining Room Manager regarding dining room status.
3. Assists bus and wait staff on the floor when needed and receives an over-all consensus on resident feed-back and satisfaction.
4. Ensures that dining room service is in compliance with all local, federal and state regulations in relation to service, sanitation and personnel.
5. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
1. HS diploma/GED preferred. Prefer courses in hospitality management or dining room operations.
2. Previous experience in “front of the house operations” within restaurant, hotel, club or similar institution preferred but not required. Training available.
3. Ability to communicate with, understand, empathize with, work with and be tolerant of residents, patients, families, visitors, peers, supervisors, subordinates and other outside contacts.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Light to moderate physical effort 90% of the time. Must be able to stand and walk 90% of the work day; ability to stoop, bend and stretch frequently; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently. Must be able to see, hear, and speak.
Visit our website: https://www.theheritagelcs.com/careers/
Pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening are required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Casual dining restaurant
- Fine dining restaurant
- Monday to Friday
Employees are provided applicable PPE including masks, gloves, gowns & face shields. Temperature checks, face masks, social distancing and hand washing practices required.
Many roles in the community may require that we ask about your vaccination status. This could include MMR, chicken pox, hepatitis, flu and COVID-19 vaccine status. Please note that all employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or apply for and receive an approved exemption, as a condition of employment.
- dining/restaurant service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location