Receptionist (PT Weekends)
The Heritage at Brentwood is senior independent living at its finest, with the most comprehensive package of services, amenities, and long-term security available. We are seeking hospitality-minded applicants to join our extraordinary team. Visit our website at: https://www.theheritagelcs.com/careers/.
The Heritage at Brentwood fully embraces a culture of hospitality.
Receptionist (Part-time Weekends, 9:00 am-5:30 pm every other weekend as scheduled)
Job Responsibilities: The Heritage at Brentwood is seeking a Part-time/PRN Receptionist to act as a weekday sub and occasional weekend, working approximately 4 weekday shifts and 1 weekend shift per month. Availability to fill in for absences during the week is a requirement. Weekend availability is a plus! Working in accordance with established policies and procedures and/or specific instructions from the supervisor, the receptionist is responsible for answering and transferring all incoming calls in a courteous and professional manner, giving information, direction and other appropriate assistance to residents, staff, guests and vendors and performing a variety of other clerical duties as assigned. This position requires tact, professionalism, confidentiality and a dedication to high quality of services.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Communicates to the appropriate parties, promptly and clearly, all messages and material directed to them through the business office.
2. Accepts and records, as directed, payments, reservations, appointments, cancellations and the like.
3. During emergencies or natural disasters, employee may be required to report for duty as assigned by the Director of Administrative Services for the duration of the disaster.
4. Receives all persons who enter the Community in a courteous manner, informs, guides, directs or otherwise assists residents, visitors, staff or vendors tactfully and congenially to present the best possible image of the Community. Receptionists will greet all visitors to the community in a warm and professional manner. Courteous telephone handling, non-verbal body language and proper verbiage will be expected by each employee serving in this capacity. (Specific expectations are outlined in a training guide attached.).
5. Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Reports any suspicious activities or persons.
2. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
3. Opens and closes reception desk and properly secures all files, keys, and equipment.
4. Performs a variety of other duties as directed.
1. High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
2. Ability to communicate efficiently in English using proper grammar in a pleasant manner.
3. 6 – 12 months working as a receptionist. Computer, typing and experience with other business machines very desirable.
4. Must be able to handle a multiplicity of routine tasks, following specific instructions carefully and general instructions completely.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Physical effort is minimal. Seventy-five percent (75%) of the work day is spent sitting, standing intermittently, and bending. Must be able to lift and carry up to twenty (20) pounds. Requires manual coordination to operate switchboard, computer, and other business equipment. Requires continuous mental and visual attention to diversified operations. Must be able to function efficiently despite distractions and interruptions. Communicates orally and/or in writing with residents, coworkers, families, and public.
Visit our website: https://www.theheritagelcs.com/careers/
Pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening are required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.00 - $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Masks, social distancing, hand sanitizer & other forms of protection are provided to all employees. Temp checks required when arriving on campus.
Many roles in the community may require that we ask about your vaccination status. This could include MMR, chicken pox, hepatitis, flu and COVID-19 vaccine status. Please note that all employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or apply for and receive an approved exemption, as a condition of employment.
- Are you available to work every other weekend as scheduled?
- Do you have experience operating a multi-line switchboard?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location